Friday, January 23, 2015

The Important Things

Jody and I were married on October 26th, 2002.



By that time, we not only had full custody of Hunter but I was also pregnant. To say that things moved quickly in our marriage is an understatement. There was a time in 2006 when Jody and I were ridiculously bull-headed and rather than work through it, we took the "supposed" easy route and divorced. He got an apartment in Tallahassee and we put our home up for sale. During the rather brief time we were divorced, there wasn't a day that went by that we didn't talk or see each other. Right before Christmas, I took his original wedding band and had it engraved simply with, "Marry Me Again?". He said yes and we were re-married in early 2007.



Earlier today, Jody tagged me in a Huffington Post titled, "12 Lessons Learned in 12 years of Marriage. I can't encourage every one of you to take the time out of your day to read it here.

The bottom line is this: cherish your spouse. Never become complacent. Never become nothing more than roommates. Remember the reasons you fell in love in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment